Friday, January 18, 2008

Creative Call

In 2007, a group of women artists joined each week to study the book, Creative Call, by Janice Elsheimer. The book provides inspiration so that we may become the artists God made us to be.

Each week we gather to share information, to encourage each other, to listen to praise and worship music and to explore our gifts of painting- in a attempt to wake up the creative spirit that lives within us.

Goal one is to come to the realization that because we create, we ARE artists.
Our first semester brought us to a comfortable place in our new title as ARTISTS.
Semester two we studied Scribbling In the Sand by Michael Card.

Other books of interest:
The Artist's Way, Julia Cameron

Spring 2008, we will read If You Want to Walk on Water, You Have to Get Out of the Boat.

We visit local art events together, share learning experiences by inviting local artists to do demonstrations and view member artist's work and techniques.

The group has grown into a close-knit group of friends who are now more than "colleagues" but are friends.
We invite you to join us today and check back as we share our creative endeavors with you online.


"Our talents are a gift from God, and I am to use them to fulfill his purposes in my life and his world. I humbly acknowledge and accept my gifts as I ask to receive God's vision for how I am to use them. I ask the Holy Spirit to free me from self-doubt and self-absorption. I pray this work will bring me into closer alignment with God's plan for me as I seek to bring my gifts and talents into his light and to become the whole and complete person he intends me to be." Amen

No comments: